The Lord’s Supper or Communion is God’s gift to believers to sustain, uplift, forgive and encourage them in their Christian life. It is God’s true presence along with Christ’s promise that through the eating and drinking of this sacrament that we receive forgiveness for our sins and consolation for our souls. What must we do to prepare ourselves for such a gift?
- Believe you have sinned and are in need of a Savior.
- Through the power of the Holy Spirit, you receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
- You desire to turn from your sins and with the help of God, intend to do so.
- Believe that Jesus Christ is present with His body and blood in the bread and wine offered to you in this sacrament as a means of His grace.
- Realize that “Anyone who eats and drinks, not recognizing the Lord’s Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself.
Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:19,20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29